Leshem, Dotan “What did the ancient greeks mean by oikonomia?: Journal of economic Perpectives vol 30. This history part of which is here, is very suggestive, if ony people read it.
Dartnell, Lewis knowledge, How to rebuild our world from Scratch.
Dartnell, Lewis Origins: how the earth made us. Fuller, Buckminster Critical Path
Schmitt, Carl Nomos of the Earth, referenced from Brown
Meier Heinrich, Carl Schmitt and Leo Strauss_ The Hidden Dialogue -University Of Chicago Press (2006). From Noms of the earth.
MacCarthy, Fionz William Morris, a biography library.
Morgan Gareth Images of Organizatiojmns, rereading after many years. library.
Cooper, Melinda Life as Surplus rereading
Brown, Wendy In the Ruins of Neoliberalism kindle starting
video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQRzxEobWco Very good. Important and clarifying.
Castells, Manuel Rupture: the crisis of liberal democracy. ibook. finished.
very challenging, vey important.
Sternhell, Zeev The Anti-Enlightenment Tradtiion. continuing. Understaanding the struggle between rational and emotinal, objective and subjective, and the impact on culture is crucial to a new perspe3ctive for Gardenworld.
Moore, Jason Capitalism in the web of life. ibook continuing.Poweful analysis.
Mumford, Technics and Civilization (continuing)
Sternhell, Zeev, Maisel, Dave. The anti-enlightenment tradition.
Sets out that the modern is the conflict between a rationalist and anti-rationalist enlightenment.
Moore, Jason Capitalism in the web of life. ibook
continuing. Most important book. Capitalism is an abstract pattern imposed on nature and humans for th e purpose of extraction.
Core team The Economy: economics for a changing world
seriosu but too close to standard economics, growth, gdp, etc.
MumfordLewis Mumford – Mumford on Modern Art in the 1930s
Pirani, simon Pirani – Burning Up_ A Global History of Fossil Fuel Consumption (2018,
Walter Isaacson – Leonardo da Vinci (2017, Simon & Schuster)
Mirowski, Phillip More heat than light.
Iyer, Pico Autumn Light
Kennedy, Paul The Rise and fall of Great Empires
Mansfield, Harvey Statesmanship and party pdf
Mansfoeld, Harvey Machiavelli pdfBromwich The Intellectual Life of Edmund BurkepdfSmith, Rchard Fthoming the Cosmos pdf
Chen, ping Modern Chinese History ibook
Damasio, antonio The Strange Order of things.
Abramowich, Americam Breakdown
Rajan, Raghuram The Third pilar
how to strengthen community, mostly assumes the world remains fairly constant. climate change not as disruptive as i think. without aesthetics, not much appeal, but raises many important issues.
Pilling, David The growth Illusion ibook
Isaaacson, Walter Leonardo Da vinci
Leonardo worked in a time when the division between tech and art had not yet been made. Same with a blending of feeling for experience and analytic rigor. A good model for Gardenworld
Odum Environment, Environment, Power and society
Darwin, Charles The expression of emotions in animals and men.
Largely unread by modern thinkiers. It is so experiential abbout the experience of animals. Very imortant for Gardenworld
Parenti, Christian Tropic of Chaos
The current – not future – devastation of climate change on the tropics and global south. Important corrective to the Pinkeresque thinking that all is well.
Fromm, Erich To Have or to Be.
Important analysis of modes of being and a path into human natre for whom Gardenworld is designed. Surprisingly he book could be more psychological, me about the experience of the two modes.At the time it was written the social environment was more hostile to the feeing side of life.
Block, Fred Capitalism, the future of an illusion
Tzing, anna lowenhauprt An ethnography of global connection.
Edgy, just started.
Nair, Chandran Consumprionomics: asia’s role in reshaping capitalism and saving the planet.
The awkward title does not convey the common sense level headed approach in the book. Almost an Asian Version of Gardenworld.
Wells, David wallace. Uninhabitable earth.
Very important book, starts imaging post collapse world.
Fromm Eric To Have or to be.
Great reading on human nature. I am re-reading much of my own past on this ssue fo the sectin in the book.
Unger, Roberto The Knowledge Economy http://www.robertounger.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/FINAL-TEXT-PROOFS_The-Knowledge-Economy-2.pdf
Style is difficult, but the arguments substantial and helpful. Stress on the KE as a leading edge of production, a method that develops people, but is helf narrolwy rather than dispeersed. This plus demorcary plus some philosophy on ceeating larger human being, si important and one of the very few full systems with details.
Moore, Jason Anthropocene and Capitalcene.(ed)
Rukeyser, Muriel The Life of Poetry
Very good on the place of poetry in a vital society.
Mumford, Lewis Technics and Civilization.
He does a switch midway between positive to critical.
Moore, Jason W. Capitalism and the Web of Life. ibook.
Very strong on the way capitalism extracts free goods – labor, resources, and treats them as profit/
Hughes Lewis Mumford, Public Intellectual by Thomas and Agatha Hughes.
A series of essays. Goodbackground. I have ordered the Miller biography
Nair, Chndran Consumptionomics: Asia’s role in reshaping capitalism and saving the planet.
I have not yet more than skimmed. The title is chatty but the argument important.
- Gammmage, Bill The Biggest Estate, how aboriginals made Australia skill and aareness
- Paskal, Cleo Global warring: how enviromental economic and politial crisses will redraw the world map.pdf
- Rukeyser, Muriel The Life of Poetry
- Castells, Manuel Aftermath (rereading)
- Moore, Jason W. Anthropocene or Capitalocene?
- Lent, Jeremy, The Patterning Instinct [from Monbiot reference]
- Macintosh and Tainter The Way the Wind Blows, [Climate and history]
- Mumford, Lewis Technics and Civilization.
- Moore, Jason W. Capitalism and the Web of Life. ibook
- Gaddis, John Lewis Grand Strategy.
- Mumford, Lewis The Condition of Man
- Pirani, Simon Burning up – a global history of fossil fuel consumption. pdf
- Skidelsky , Edward Ernst Cassier, last philosopher of Culture
- Giridharadas, Anand Winners take All [the inbalance in social structure]
- Eisenstein, Charles Climate, a New Story. [we should focus on ecological repair more than co2, which is too easily hidden behind]
- Delbanco, Andrew, 1952– The real American dream: a meditation on hope
- Joshua P. Howe The Curve: Science and the Politics of Global Warming
- Cronon, william (ed) Uncommon Ground pdf
- Barnes Peter Capitalism 3.0 (re reading) pdf
- Macintyre, Alisdair Short History of Ethics pdf
- Whyte, Kenneth Hoover ibook
- Davies, William Nervous States. Ibook
- Curtius European literature and the Latin Middle Ages ibook
- Sennett Together ibook
- Murakami, kozo an anti-classicalpolitical economic analysis ibook
- Gallagher, Catherine body economic life pdf [novelists and economists mix it up, 19th century]
- Delbanco. Andrew The real American dream. A meditation on hope
- Mumford, The myth of the Machine (reread since 1962) pdf
- Gosh The Great Derangement epub.
- Robinson, I william Innto the Tempest: Essays on the New Global Capitalism kindle
- Foucault the order of things
- Sennett building and dwelling, ethics for the city (sahib)
- Sennett Together.
- Bloom on huck finn
- Gallagher, Catherine body
- Wallace-wells. uninhabitable earth
- Davies, Nervous states
- Murukami an anti classical
- Foster being a beast
- Zuboff Surveillance Capitalism
- Alexander, Chris Struggle.
- Brown, Wendy Politics out of History.
- To read
- Edmund burke
- Walt anderson new enlightenment
- Time periods gwp
- Middle frudalism latin, literatute
- Catherine gallagher
- Toulmin Cosmopolis (multi re read)
Brown, Wendy Politics out of History acrobat
Rousseau, Jan Jaques Emile oibook
Svante, Pbo Neandrathal man ibook
Kaczynski, theodore search
Charles taylor, search
Deacon,Terrence Incomplete Nature. How mind emerged from nature (weak, bottom up from matter to consciousness.
Gurney light and color
Agamben the kingdom and the glory for a theological genealogy of economy and governing. From fota leshemWallace-Wells, David Unliveable earth
Murakani, yazuca. AnAniclassical Political Economy nalaysis. A version of the next cenury. a version of the next century just foundit
Denemark from sheng
Moore, Jason Capitalism and the web of Life.
Rousseau Emile ethics
Nussbaum Humaniteies Not for Profit doug
Biello, David The Unnatural World. Hickman?
Fumaroli, Marc The Republic of letters : impressive, don’t know, from gary
Armesto A foot in the River.river liquidtext doug
Crist, eileen animal doug
Eisenstein kindle doug
Armesto – civilizations, pdf doug
- Oppenheimer on eden and ibook
- Alva Noe on art and strange tools art and human nature.
- Ullman on programming. wow. ibook
- Feyerabend Conquest of Abundance
- Paul Shepard Nature and Madness. pdf
- Kelley the human measure western legal
- Wainwright and Malm Climate Leviathan
- Malm Fossil Capital
- Posner, eric
- David Reich who we are and how we got heere. epub