We need to deal with large population, low quality of life, (because most people are too anxious and insecure, and threats loom large or have already arrived), no future path for making only things that fit climate change (requires making things with less extraction and less energy use, over all and getting there fast) and distribute income.
we need to discuss
- what needs to be produced
- how it is produced – the organization off work (Roberto Unger’s stress on the benefits of an advanced mode of production that is too narrowly held moves in a very interesting direction)
- how income or its equivalent can be distributed
- What to do about narrowly held assets, such as land, that prevent .. just about everything for most people.
- The militarization of social conflicts.